Police are hopeful that a photo of a man sent to them anonymously could provide the key to finding out what happened to Sydney’s wife Revelle Balmain, who disappeared more than 26 years ago.
Ms Balmain was 22 when she was last seen in the Kingsford area, east of the city, on November 5, 1994.
Her makeup bag, keys and a shoe were later found scattered around the same suburb near Ainslie Street.
Ms. Balmain was reported missing and has not been seen or heard from since and no one has been charged for her disappearance.
A coronary artery inquest in 1999 found that she had died at the hands of one or more unknown persons and the case was referred to the NSW Police Unsolved Homicide Unit for a future investigation.
Last year, a formal review of the cold case began.
In May, a million dollar reward was announced by the NSW government as part of a new appeal for someone to provide information that could help police in find out what happened to him.
Police have now released an image of a man they want to identify, which may have information on Ms Balmain’s last known movements.
Strike Force Aramac’s lead investigator, Chief Detective Inspector Stuart Bell, said the image was sent to investigators anonymously after the award was announced.
“It is believed that this image was taken in the mid-2000s, but the person depicted may have information that would help us move our investigation forward,” Det Ch Insp Bell said.
“As always, we continue to encourage anyone in the public who may have information about Revelle’s disappearance to come forward and speak to the police, so that we can finally provide answers to his family.”
Associated Australian Press