The Torsdalen circuit is free for all players, in all game modes and includes four layout variations. New features for console spectators and qualification options have also been added.
Wreckfest continues to receive more new content through its monthly tournament updates, and for May 2022 the Racing Legends additions provide a new track as well as several quality of life improvements.
Torsdalen circuit website
The Torsdalen circuit is brand new, not a revised or extended layout of an existing track. With a rallycross/folkrace theme, it comes in four flavors – main, short and reverse – and is named after Wrefkect modder Tor Ole Lerbæk aka Very End. They also participated in this design.
As is the case with a Tournament Update, there will be a new Season Challenge that uses the new content. This time you’ll use the Roadslayer GT at the new Torsdalen location, scoring more points for every meter you walk in a strong position.
There will also be a new paint bundle for the Roadslayer GT to spend the accumulated Fame Points on if desired.
Spectator mode now on console
Previously a PC player pool, added in a December 2021 update, online lobby hosts, admins, and moderators can set up players as spectators.
Qualification modes now available
If desired, drivers can now qualify for race events. This comes in two forms:
- Qualifying sprint – order is based on finishing position of a qualifying race
- Qualifying lap – the grid will be based on a posted lap time during a qualifying session
A cup mode is now available natively for online players, meaning points will be scored across multiple events. Want to create a championship with friends? Now you can without the need for pen and paper.
The full changelog is listed below and let us know in the comments if you’ll be hitting up Wreckfest to try out the new content and modes.
Wreckfest May 2022 Update Changelog
version of the game
- New Torsdalen Circuit track with two layouts in front and rear configurations.
- Note from server administrators: The internal designation of the track and its layouts are as follows:
Main path: forest13_1
Reversing the main circuit: forest13_1_rev
Short circuit: forest13_2
Reverse Short: forest13_2_rev
- New Tournament Season: Racing Legends
- New reward bundles for Roadslayer GT and Tristar
- (Consoles) Added a multiplayer Cup mode for server-side point tracking across multiple events. In session mode options
- (Consoles) Players can now be set as spectators by the host/admin/moderator in the lobby.
- Added qualifying session option